Food Sourcing Manager
We're proud to be partnering with Foodbank Victoria! We're seeking true people leader who will develop & grow the organisations Food Sourcing division
Foodbank Victoria has been providing vital food relief to vulnerable Victorians for more than 90 years. Through their network of over 500 charity partners across the state, they are able to provide 1.2 million meals a month to Victorians in need. While supporting their charity partners is at the core of what they do, as the State’s dedicated emergency food relief organisation, FBV are also here to assist Victorians through times of crisis.
FBV's vision is healthy food for all. They believe that all Victorians should have regular access to healthy food. That’s why they work with partners right across the food and grocery sector, from growers right through to retailers, to source and rescue essential food and grocery items to redistribute to Victorians in need.
In FY 19-20 FBV distributed more than 9.3 million kilograms of food – the equivalent of putting 16.7 million meals on tables for people in need.
Their workforce consists of 80 employees and thousands of volunteers who do an amazing job. The organisation has undergone rapid growth in the last 5 years and continues to expand with the development of new programs and approaches to deliver healthy food to more Victorians than ever.
FBV have recently increased their School Breakfast Club Program from 500 to 1,000 schools, played a significant role during the bushfires in 2019/20 and supported many isolated Victorians during the COVID -19 pandemic.
FBV require a true hands-on leader who will manage and develop the Food Sourcing team which currently consists of 4 members. The new Food Sourcing Manager will guide the growth of donations and food purchasing for FBV programs.
With a high volume of generous donors, the Food Sourcing Manager will coach the team to develop and grow relationships with new and existing donors to grow donations of healthy food and personal products. The Food Sourcing Manager will also oversee the purchasing of food with donated funds to enable FBV to maximise impact.
Skills & Experience
- Sourcing / Business Development experience within a medium-sized food business.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment and delivering results.
- Excellent relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working closely and integrating with Operations to ensure seamless flow of product through the value chain.
- Flexibility with the ability to respond and adapt to change.
- Generous remuneration package plus salary packaging
- This is a great opportunity for someone who supports the cause and has a desire for their career to make a real, positive impact
- Team leadership opportunity to drive improvement and growth
- Free onsite parking
- Positive, friendly team culture
- Flexible working conditions
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Kate Thomas at [email protected] or 0413 621 467.
Miller Leith is exclusively working on the recruitment of this role on behalf of Foodbank. Any 3rd party or direct applications will be forwarded to Miller Leith for their review.