Influential leadership role at a growing business in the Northern Suburbs.
The organisation boasts a state of the art manufacturing plant and offers complete contract manufacturing solutions to the personal care and beauty industries. They are a key partner to some of the industries’ leading brands, produce private label solutions, and in future, also have plans to develop their own brands.
Reporting to the Production Manager, your mandate is to design, improve, maintain and introduce manufacturing processes, tools and systems and assist in quality and technical tasks across the plant. You will implement and manage a variety of Process Improvement initiatives to decrease costs and increase plant productivity, quality and safety. With excellent technical and analytical expertise, combined with a fresh approach to Lean manufacturing, you will play an integral role in leading, training and mentoring the operations team. The Manufacturing Engineer will also oversee the development of the plant including introducing new technology and equipment, as well as implementing standard processes as an integral part of any new product development.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Programmable Logic Controllers expertise - Allen Bradley.
- Ability to map out processes and perform product costings
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Technical leadership experience - Hands-on trainer and mentor style
- Experience working with fill lines, compound-manufacturing and/or formulations, labelling and shrink-wrapping or similar manufacturing sites
- Ability to work Autonomously within a highly skilled, supportive and collaborative Engineering team
For More Information
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Eugene Lane-Mullins at [email protected] or 0481 156 010.