New Product Development (NPD) Manager
Excellent opportunity to join this rapidly growing food manufacturer as part of the multi-site leadership team.
This well respected and very proud Australian organisation has been at the forefront of providing Australian consumers with quality local products. As Australian consumers are favouring to support local organisations this company is embarking on a major innovation program to meet the needs of the wider community. This very exciting program will consist of introducing new production lines, packaging formats and products into the market. Due to the implementation of these programs, there is now an opportunity for a New Product Development Manager to commence and be a part of this market leading program.
The business is growing very quickly through aggressive innovation strategies and exciting on-going acquisitions.
Reporting to the General Manager - Marketing & NPD, the New Product Development Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the product innovation pipeline. This will be achieved through utilising technical product knowledge and strong stakeholder engagement skills to plan and execute NPD projects, and empower production and technical teams. You will be a passionate, engaging and empathetic leader that can build strong competency and capability in your NPD discipline.
The New Product Development Manager will be required to bring project management and operational expertise, combined with a flexible and effective approach to New Product Development process. As an integral part of the marketing, manufacturing and innovation teams, the New Product Development Manager will lead the industrialisation of NPD at site level. They will bring ideas from the innovation pipeline into realistic mass production, whilst ensuring national & international market standards are met at all times. The Product Development Manager will bring passion, enthusiasm and be heavily focussed on process and delivery.
To be successful, you will possess prior leadership across raising brand and product portfolios and food profile development; with expertise across many product ranges including texture modified, multi-nutritional, frozen meals, and meal solutions to name a few.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary Qualified in Food Technology / Science or similar
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in food and beverage product development and project management leading a cross-functional teams
- Successful track record in product development from within a dynamic food manufacturing environment.
- Strengths across food technology and stage gate process (including hands on trials).
- The right candidate will have a keen interest in new food technologies from nutritional, economical and technological aspects
- Strong change management and strong stakeholder management abilities.
- Collaborative hands-on team player and leader
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills at all levels required
- Highest quality tools of trade provided
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- A competitive salary is on offer for the successful candidate
- Clear progression pathways
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Eugene at [email protected] or 0481 156 010.