Senior R&D Chemist
Excellent leadership opportunity to create exciting new products with this growing Australian market leader
Based in the South Eastern suburbs, this Australian manufacturing organisation boasts trusted household brands in both the retail and pharmaceutical sectors. They are passionate about creating innovative wellbeing products for families. They are currently searching for an experienced and passionate Senior Research and Development Chemist to continue to execute the innovation pipeline of safe high-quality products.
In recent years, the organisations’ growth has resulted in ongoing plant expansion and growing requirement for co-manufacturers to take on increased volumes to manufacture product under their market leading brands. This site expansion as well as diversity of capability from their co-manufacturing network creates a strong foundation for the Senior R&D Chemist to create significant impact.
Reporting to the Research and Development Manager, the Senior R&D Chemist will drive new product development and existing product improvement with the assistance of a small team.
Working closely with MArketing, Quality, Supply Chain, Sales and Finance teams, the Senior R&D Chemist will create and execute the new product development (NPD) and innovation pipeline. Major projects may include new product development, creating formulations, ingredient substitution, manufacturing process improvement, extended shelf-life trialling, new packaging formats and cost reduction initiatives. You will lead multiple projects from initial research idea phase through to planning, sourcing, testing, packaging, trialling, batch production and review.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar.
- A minimum of 5-years experience in a R&D Chemist, or NPD role within the Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry, preferably within complimentary medicine
- Experience leading a small team
- Passion for innovation and the Pharmaceutical, medicinal or food industry.
- Proven track record of successfully developing new products and product innovation through sound technical knowledge and an ability to think 'outside of the box'.
- Additional experience in TGA and GMP environments
- Excellent influencing, leadership and communication skills
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Joe Sette at [email protected] or 03 9993 0809.