Exciting opportunity for an energetic, passionate and experienced CIO to join this diverse Australian market leading organisation.
This organisation is an Australian market leader providing innovative and specialised services including customised logistics, project-based services and system solutions, to some of the largest retail businesses and networks across Australia. They are currently looking for a new CIO to lead a multisite, international I.T team providing services and solutions across multiple business units and direct to the customer base.
As CIO, you will be responsible for the development and creation of the long-term Technology vision and strategy to achieve Information Technology Services excellence across the organisation. You will have balanced focus on ensuring the stability, reliability and security of current business as usual Information Systems and Services, along with developing and implementing future improved solutions and innovation in line with the latest advances in the field.
Leading an I.T team of multi-skilled professionals across multiple local and offshore locations, the CIO will provide a strong hands-on, visible, mentoring style to ensure the team maintains initiative, energy and willingness to create and embrace continuous improvement towards best practice and most advanced technologies.
The CIO will build upon a solid current technology solutions base built by a highly accomplished and successful long-standing CIO. This opportunity will allow a fresh set of eyes to evaluate, improve upon or change systems and processes to further maximise performance, ease of use, reliability and efficiency for all users. With a focus on Innovation, improvement and strategy, the new CIO will have the ability to create the long-term technology road map and strategy focusing on I.T Service delivery to cater for, and surpass, the needs and aspirations of both the internal user and customer user base. If required, this may include implementing a holistic program of change across the Information Services (IS) division in collaboration with the Leadership Team and in consultation with all stakeholders.
The right candidate will be at the forefront in evaluating and driving implementation of new, innovative and cutting-edge information processes, systems and solutions (eg. cloud, mobile, data modelling, etc.). They will also lead the creation of robust processes and applications in which operational and commercial data is captured, manipulated and utilised, to optimise organisational performance as well as enable the business to make educated commercial strategic decisions.
Commercially, they will have financial accountability for the current function, services and systems, as well as all future Capital Expenditure and deployment of I.T.
Ideally, you will bring passion, hunger, technical expertise, commercial acumen and enthusiasm along with a collaborative management style. You will proactively develop and empower people, increase wider business knowledge and increase staff engagement in order to achieve strong inter-departmental I.T integration. This will allow the right leader to then step back and let the Information Services team manage day-to-day, but still remain hands-on enough to be involved at the ground level when required.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in Information Systems, Technology, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience leading development and improvement of cutting edge, complex I.T infrastructure and applications preferably within the e-commerce, Logistics, 3PL or FMCG industry
- Successful track record in leading the application of Information Technology and Services within medium to large diverse organisations
- Demonstrated capability for driving continuous improvement to achieve delivery of high service levels
- Extensive experience in WMS, ERP and customer portal based systems
- Leadership of diverse technical teams comprised of both in-house, outsourced and/or offshore.
- Strong track record of implementing new technologies, data capture/ manipulation/ utilisation, and infrastructure management
- Proven strengths across I.T strategy, commercial strategy and budget management
- A strong, visible, collaborative, hands-on team player and leader
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Joe Sette at [email protected] or 03 9993 0809.