Human Resources/WHS Manager
Excellent opportunity for a HR/WHS Manager to join a market leader with a passion for innovation and growth
Launching into the new decade, Roma Food Products are excited to lead the way in the manufacture of innovative products to meet the rising global demand for plant-based foods.
From humble beginnings as a family owned business since 1953, Roma Food Products pioneered gluten and allergen free foods as a healthier way of living and helped to transform the alternative grain landscape to become a leading-edge company with nutritional products sold in more than 70 countries worldwide. With their company-owned brands Orgran and Buontempo and company-owned production facilities, Roma also delivers products across the retail, foodservice and industrial channels.
As the business continues to launch new products and extending its reach both globally and domestically and with a strategic focus on growth and delivery, the future for Roma is exciting. Now is definitely the time to join this respected organisation. With this growth has come the need for an experienced, passionate and energetic HR/WHS Manager who will join the leadership team.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the SLT, the HR/WHS Manager will seek first to understand what is in place today. Speaking with all key stakeholders, you will gather intel and appreciate historic data whilst also formulating ideas on best practice principals and process improvements to form a strong framework of HR practice.
Your mandate is to take on a stand-alone role to support all areas of Human Resource management and Work Health Safety practices. With a strong focus on operational outcomes across HR and WHS, you will also have a seat at the strategic table where you will contribute to the strategic plan and implementation.
Key responsibilities include
- Contribute to the strategic plan for HR and WHS. Create a shared vision and strategies in line with the wider business growth strategy.
- Provide Generalist support to SLT and all Managers and teams as needed across the employee life cycle including employee relations and performance, recruitment and on-boarding, exits and employee engagement.
- Review and update all key business policies. Provide opportunities for all employees to be updated on policies to understand their meaning and impact in the business.
- Bring in new initiatives in regards to well-being, employee engagement and continued learning and development. Enhance the employee experience with targeted communications and participation.
- Review all current WHS processes and procedures and KPI’s. Review safety standards and operational controls and translate into practical improvements. Ensure Workcover and RTW are managed. Drive safety culture and initiatives across the site.
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in a HR or Workplace Safety discipline and will possess a successful track record in HR and WHS within a manufacturing environment, ideally the food industry.
With a minimum of five years’ hands-on experience you will possess the proven capability to deliver on a best practice framework for HR and WHS, you are a natural communicator with the ability to influence and sell change, you are innovative and respectful with an appreciation for a well-established family business.
As a key contributor to the senior leadership team, you naturally thrive in a supportive and collaborative peer group, you are open to new learnings and your focus will be to drive and influence key business outcomes to accelerate the growth of Roma.
For More Information
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Karen O’Brien at [email protected] or 03 9993 0809.