Senior Manager - Workplace Relations
Influence harmonisation and collaboration within a large and complex organisation as subject matter expert with your workplace relations experience.
This is an established and highly regarded organisation known for its rich history in supporting individuals and families over the past 100 years.
Their messaging to the broader community is to empower all people so that they are able to thrive. They offer a broad and extensive range of programs that provide this much-needed support. Their teams are values-based individuals who have a passion for their work and conduct themselves with purpose.
Due to continued growth and in line with this strategy, there is a need to identify a specialist Workplace Relations Executive. You are qualified with a Bachelor Degree in Law and will bring extensive experience at a senior level in workplace relations aligned with a Human Resources function.
Your purpose will be to provide specialist employee and industrial relations advice and services to the senior leadership and management teams to ensure regulatory and legislative employer obligations are fulfilled. You are both strategic and operational in experience and have led teams, this is a broad and varied remit that requires a high level of expertise.
Skills & Experience:
- Lead a small team of experienced Workplace Relations Consultants whilst also supporting internal and external stakeholders as part of the People and Culture Team.
- Strategically develop and lead and manage change initiatives that relate to workplace relations across the organisation
- Provide advice on a broad range of complex workplace relations issues with full responsibility for achieving significant organisational objectives and programs.
- Take a lead role in key negotiations, investigations,
- and industrial agreement issues that will provide long-term benefits to the organisational industrial strategy.
- Review and further develop key policies, programs, and strategies in consultation with key stakeholders. This includes providing any communications and papers required for SLT approval and implementation.
- Coach and support the P&C team in key workplace matters including investigations, conflict resolution, performance management to ensure their ability to deal effectively with such matters.
- Represent the organisation in key negotiations and represent at FWC where required.
- Manage and mitigate risk, ensure all legal and statutory requirements are met, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and reporting.
You are a people person who engages easily, you are an influencer and a critical thinker who is solutions and outcomes-focused.
The salary package includes a base reflective of the seniority of this role plus salary packaging entitlements.
For more information
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact [email protected] or 0423 709 080