Autonomous opportunity to join a leading National Dairy company in Sydney. Responsible for the management and direction of the Automation function.
A National dairy company with a long and proud history in Australia, more than 80 years on, we are now part of a global dairy organisation that brings nutrition and wellness to people all over the world. We have great brands and great people. We continue to invest and expand in Australia, setting the benchmark for the dairy industry locally and playing an ever-increasing role in the export of dairy products into Asia.
- Assist in ensuring technical integrity of the Mechanical Plant and/or Electrical Process Automation component of activities associated with the maintenance and continuous improvement of an existing plant within the manufacturing facility.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Department resource, assist in planning and conducting mechanical plant and or electrical process automation engineering work.
- Maintenance of all soft and hard copy documentation related to relevant site layouts, services and plant process required for the delivery of maintenance and continuous improvement of plant and equipment.
- Perform PLC and Scada programming related to maintenance and continuous improvement of plant and equipment.
- Provide mechanical plant and or electrical engineering assistance on minor continuous improvement, cost reduction or capital works project carried out by the site.
- Provide electrical and mechanical investigation and design for issues related to the repair and maintenance or continuous improvement of existing plant and equipment.
- Provide Electrical and Mechanical technical engineering support to the Maintenance Department.
- Support and participate in minor site capital works capital works and continuous improvement projects.
- Proactively seek continuous improvement opportunities within the business.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across projects to get best outcomes.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Advanced Diploma / Relevant Bachelor Degree (for example: Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Chemical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation Degree).
- Effective decision making and planning abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Troubleshooting skills in automation environment
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s, Siemens PLC’s
- Knowledge of CiTect, Scada, CAD, SAP
- Experience in Process Control system design and development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of GMP
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven experience with positive results across implementation & improvements in automation of systems
- Ideally come from the liquid fill and/or packaging industry & machines/equipment (such as soup, juice, FMCG).
- Great salary with bonus
- Opportunity to implement your knowledge and see results
- Working in a collaborative team environment
- Autonomous role where you can take ownership of project improvements & efficiencies